AA Battery Charger Owner's Manual
1 Hour Charger* For NiZn Batteries
Thank you for using the PowerGenix 1 Hour* NiZn Charger. Please read this manual carefully as it contains important operating and safety instructions. This PowerGenix charger will quickly and efficiently charge all AA Nickel Zinc (NiZn) batteries. The built-in high efficiency “switching” type power supply will automatically adjust to any voltage from 100-240VAC, for international use.
* (Charging time will vary based on discharge conditions of the cells prior to charging. For maximum battery capacity, the charger may take 2.5 hours to charge.)
- Batteries have some charge when shipped.
- Batteries must be charged prior to first use.
- Charge ONLY NiZn type batteries in this charger.
- Batteries may leak or explode causing personal injury if inserted improperly, disposed of in fire, mixed with other battery types or short-circuited.
- For Connection to a power source not in the USA, use an attachment plug adaptor of the proper configuration for the power outlet.
- The unit is intended to be correctly oriented in vertical or floor mount position.
- The manufacturer does not guarantee compatibility and functionality of Nickel Zinc batteries with any device. Prior to use, please read user manual of each device to determine if restrictions exist as to which battery types may be used.
- Recharges 2 or 4 AA NiZn batteries at a time.
- Built-in switching power technology (100-240VAC).
- Battery life is maximized by voltage cut-off function and timer protection.
- Temperature sensors to prevent batteries from damage caused by over-heating.
with 2 LED lights to indicate charging mode:
- Red LED light on – Quick Charge*;
- Green LED light on – Trickle charge (after full charge);
- Red light flashing - Cells are not suitable for charging (Bad cell detection).
- Smart channels designed to prevent wrong polarity
- Insert 2 or 4 AA rechargeable Ni-ZN batteries into the battery compartment; batteries should be charged in pairs for best optimal performance.
- Make correct contact for polarity (+ and -) according to the signage in the battery compartment.
- Plug the charger into any available 100-240VAC outlet. For overseas use, a proper plug adaptor may be required (not included). The built-in switching power supply will adjust automatically (the red and green LED light will flash simultaneously twice). The Red LED will glow and flash twice and then will continue when the batteries are receiving charge.
- Batteries will not be detected by the charger if they are fully drained/discharged. Remove from charger and try again in 24 hours.
- After quick charge* is completed, the Green LED will flash and is light to indicate that the quick charge is completed and batteries are ready for use. However once the Green LED lights, the charger switches to “trickle” mode. Leaving the batteries on charge up to 2.5 hours (charger will terminate charge automatically) batteries will be at maximum capacity.
- Once charge is completed, remove batteries and unplug charger as soon as it is practical. Do not leave batteries in charger for extended periods of time (more than 2 days) OR when the charger is not plugged. Unplug the charger when it is not in use.
* For best battery performance, charge batteries for 2 ½ hours.
- Will not charge alkaline batteries or Non-Nickel Zinc batteries
- Voltage cut-off function
- Safety timer to prevent over charge
- Thermal cut off
- Reverse-polarity protection
- Bad cell detection
Bad Cell Detection:
When the charge process is started, the charger detects the condition of each of the cells in the battery compartment. If any battery is unsuitable for charging i.e. short circuit or reversed polarity, the status Red LED will flash on and off. The damaged cell(s) should be properly disposed of at a recycling center.
Important Safety Instructions:
- Before charging, read instructions.
- This charger is intended for use with Nickel Zinc rechargeable batteries only. Attempting to charge other types of batteries may cause personal injury and damage to the charger.
- Attempting to charge other types of batteries may cause personal injury and damage to the charger.
- Do not expose charger or batteries to rain or moisture. For indoor use only.
- Unplug and remove batteries from charger when not in use.
- Never use an extension cord or any attachment not recommended by manufacturer, otherwise this may result in a risk of fire electric shock or injury to persons.
- Do not operate the charger if it has been subjected to shock or damage. Return to PowerGenix for repair.
- Do not disassemble the charger. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire.
- Unplug the charger from outlet before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
- The charger is not intended for use by children or with out supervision.
- This power unit is intended to be correctly orientated in a vertical or floor mount position.
- Before disposing your charger, remove the batteries from the unit for recycling.
To locate the nearest Rechargeable Battery Recycling Center in your area (North America):
Call 1-877-2 RECYCLE (7339253)