Nickel-Zinc High Discharge Battery Technology Benefits
By significantly extending the cycling capability of a NiZn battery without compromising the high performance properties inherent to the chemistry, PowerGenix has introduced a rechargeable battery featuring a wide range of customer benefits.
- High Energy Density - The PowerGenix high discharge battery has up to a third more the energy density of a traditional nickel-cadmium (NiCd) battery when measured by either weight (Watt hours per kilogram) or by volume (Watt hours per liter).
- Superior Power Density - The PowerGenix high discharge battery delivers a higher voltage in a smaller and lighter package than other rechargeable batteries. PowerGenix has assembled a traditional 19.2 volt pack into the form factor of a 14.4 volt pack, representing a 25% lower cell requirement that also delivers higher power and a 45% lower impedance, resulting in significantly higher torque.
- Lower Cost - Inherently less expensive, zinc provides a significant cost savings over other rechargeable batteries.
- Safety - NiZn is a proven safe chemistry that is abuse-tolerant.
- Speedy Recharge - The PowerGenix high discharge battery is capable of completely recharging in less than two hours and achieves 80% recharge within one hour, a key benefit for cordless power tools, electronics and many other applications.
- Cycle life - The service life of the high discharge battery meets or beats that of most NiCd batteries in typical applications.
- Long Shelf Life - Superior to lead-acid batteries which will sulfate over time limiting their shelf life, the PowerGenix NiZn high discharge battery has a significantly longer shelf life.
- Environmentally Green - Both nickel
and zinc are non-toxic and recycled easily and inexpensively.
The zinc electrode contains no lead, cadmium or mercury, and
presents no threat to the environment, making it an ideal replacement
for lead and cadmium batteries.